Thursday, May 15, 2014

Make a greeting card

Crafting time!

So recently I had to make several cards for family birthdays, graduations and Mother's Day.  I haven't had the chance to do some crafting in forever it feels like (with 2 kids occupying most of my time).  I forgot how much I enjoyed it!  Anyway, here is how I made this birthday card:





I started out by stamping some kraft gift tags I had laying around.  Finally got to use them as well as the birthday stamp I got a while back.  I used two different stamps: rubber stamp and a cling stamp.  I love using both kinds.  I also used a black Versafine ink stamp pad.  



I buy the package of blank greeting cards from Hobby Lobby including the craft paper.  I used a paper cutter to cut out the background paper and the smaller paper that will fit inside the larger one.  Then I attach them together using a tape runner.  I love using these!  So easy to use and when you run out you just pop in a refill.





Next I place ribbon around the card using the tape runner and tie the ends into a knot.  Then I attach the paper to the actual greeting card using the taper runner.  


 Next I use glue dots to place the kraft tag onto the paper.  I also use the glue dots to stick the butterfly and leaf embellishment.



 Finally I use Stickles to place glitter onto the stamped scroll.



No comments:

Post a Comment